Pet Memorial Ideas
Finding a way to celebrate your pet’s life with a pet memorial can provide a way to mourn and process your loss. Losing a pet can be one of the most challenging times in life. Consider incorporating your own traditions and religious ideas into your pet loss experience. There are many creative ways you can pay tribute to your pet. A few ideas are:
- Having a funeral for your pet.
- Donating money to Animal Humane or the Animal Shelter in your pet’s name.
- Adding your pet’s photo to a gallery wall in your home.
- Planting your pet under a special bush or tree.
- Creating a shrine to your pet in your house or yard.
- Spreading your pet’s ashes at their favorite place you spent time together.
- Creating a shadow box with your pet’s collar and photos.
- Making their water bowl into a planter.
Pinterest is a great resource for finding pet memorial ideas.
Get the Support You Need
Ultimately, losing a pet can be just as hard as losing a human family member. In addition to a pet memorial, please prioritize taking care of yourself and allowing time for mourning. Read our bereavement resources to find support during this challenging time.