We believe emergency veterinary medicine is a collaborative effort between the referring veterinarian and the emergency clinician. Please read our referral policy below. Contact us with additional questions.
Route 66 Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Center is open 24 hours on weekends, and has reliable overnight care. We accept patient transfers to our well-equipped, state-of-the-art facility. We provide a wide range of referral services including hospitalization for stable patients needing basic supportive care, through to critical cases.
Available Services Include:
- Fluid therapy
- Oxygen therapy
- Heat support
- Blood product administration
- Continuous patient monitoring
- Advanced pain management
- Emergency surgical procedures
- Endoscopic foreign body retrieval
- Isolation for infectious cases
When Referring a Case:
Finally, a phone call from the referring veterinarian is always appreciated to discuss the case and expectations going forward. We will provide you with a record of your patient’s visit upon discharge. Please let us know if you prefer to receive this via email or fax.
We encourage all of our referral practices to provide your clients with contact information to our facility by:
- Including our phone number on your answering service and website for after-hours emergencies.
- Providing you with small door signs for your facility with our contact information and location if requested.